Good Tuesday morning. Today is day four of the Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty week long challenge event. This event is a special thank you to all of the fan club members who support the site all year long. Have you had a desire to be on the Dirty Dozen design team? This special week of challenges will give you tons of opportunity to be inspired and to show off your wonderful and creative projects right along with the current Dirty Dozen team as well as the alumni team members. Are you a member of the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club? If not go here to check out all the benefits of being a member. If you are a member hop right on over the special challenge forum here.
I love to use the Belleek Inspired Technique when I want to add an extra element of elegance and dimension to a floral project. it works really well when using detail embossing folders with repeated pattern but can work with any folder. I especially love using soft colors of ink like the pale pink on my project today because it shows the color but doesn’t overshadow the pattern. Lay your embossing folder front side down and apply ink by rolling with a brayer. Insert the cardstock in the folder and place the front of the folder face down on your die cutting platform and run through to emboss. I love using open frames with this technique because it adds a dimensional element without covering up the whole patterned design of the background. I applied mounting tape to the back of the frame and attached it to the card base.
I have really enjoyed playing with Susan’s new line of flower dies that are sized perfectly for card fronts. I chose the Susan’s Garden Anemone set for this project. I cut two sets of petals, the flower base for the petals and several pieces of foliage. I added a pale shade of pink to the petals with a mini applicator before forming. I wanted the pink shade on the petals to perfectly match the soft background. I formed the petals with my tolls from Susan’s Garden Tool Kit and assembled using glossy accents. I used pale yellow for the center of the flower but if I had it to do over again I would have used white. The yellow seems to be out of place with all the pink and white.
I formed the foliage using the stylus and molding pad and began assembling my floral arrangement. I created the foliage base using the larger leaves and attached with glossy accents. I attached the flower to the foliage base with glossy accents and then tucked more larger and smaller leaves in around the flower to fill in the arrangement. I liked the design but felt it needed a little something to soften the foliage so I cut sections of the Leafy Branch apart, lightly formed them and then tucked them in around the leaves. I wanted to bring in one more element of pink so I lightly colored a piece of white cardstock with the pink ink and cut the tiny flowers from Susan’s Sunflower set. and attached them to the tiny foliage sections.
Thank you for coming by today and I hope you are having a great week.
Note: I keep the full list of my regularly used tools in my supply links below. Some may not have been used in today’s project.