Art Impressions Watering Can
Sunny Bunnies Scene

My Red Pink Clouds Flowers and Blog Candy Winner

Good Saturday afternoon.   Before I start talking about my card I want to announce that Brenda of Brenda’s Card Corner had the 13th comment on my blog candy post last Saturday.  Congratulations Brenda.  Please email me at [email protected] and give me your mailing and I will get your Garden Notes Tulip die set right in the mail to you.

KC Impression Obsession Pink Clouds 1 right 

I have a clean and simple project to share with you today made using the newly released Impression Obsession Pink Clouds Stamp Set and Pink Clouds Die Set.  I made this card for the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge.   Our inspiration site this week was a Scor-Pal Scoring Projects site on Pinterest.  I was inspired by this card and this card.  

KC Impression Obsession Pink Clouds 1 center

I placed the watercolor paper  on my MISTI  and secured it in place with the magnets. I set the stamp in place, applied Antique Linen ink with the pad and stamped the image.  I didn’t get a good image with my first stamp so I applied more ink and stamped a second time.  I can’t say enough about how wonderful it is to be able to stamp multiple times using the MISTI.  I used a small brush and multiple Distress reinkers to paint my image.  I place a tiny drop of reinker in the lid of my ink pad and use it like a palette.  Any ink left over is there the next time you need it.  I have to laugh at myself because I can never seem to paint anything a pale pink.  I wanted my flowers to be pink but I kept adding shading with the different pinks and ended up with red  flowers.  Once I was finished with the painting I heat set and went back over the bloom lines on the flowers with a red marker.  I secured the coordinating die in place with painters tape and ran through my Big Shot to cut.

KC Impression Obsession Pink Clouds 1 left

I scored the lines on the white layer using my Scor-Pal.  I set the white layer in my MISTI and secured it in place and stamped the image with Black Versafine.  I ended up stamping it twice to get a full image as my first time I didn’t use enough pressure.  I heat set the ink and then turned over and applied thin strips of mounting tape to the back and attached it to the red layer. I applied ATG adhesive to the back of the red layer and attached it to the card base.  I applied rolled up glue dots to several key places on the back of the flower branch and attached it to the card base. 

Thanks for coming by today and I hope you are having a great weekend.

Card size:  5.50” x 4.25”

 

Save

Comments